This clinical division of Ishrink includes the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of emotional and behavioral disorders.
We utilize interview techniques, psychological testing materials for cognitive and personality evaluation when necessary. Therapeutic techniques include individual psycho-dynamic therapy, cognitive and behavioral therapy, relaxation and hypnosis techniques for for stress management, pain control and anxiety reduction. Breathing techniques and bio-energetic therapy techniques are used to help with releasing deeply held emotions.
Some of the more common conditions for treatment are the following:
- Anxiety management
- Cognitive rehabilitation utilizing computerized mental training for attention deficit disorder and learning disorders
- Substance abuse
- Relationship difficulties
- Marriage and family problems
- Eating disorders
- Pain management with hypnosis
- Intellectual testing and evaluation
- Personality assessment